Complete Game Rules
- A SHF "game" consists of several team "matchups" in which a player selects the winner of each "matchup" then submits the completed "game" to be scored by the SHF. The results of the selection process will be posted on the leader board page the following day of the "game" contest.
- The team favored in each "matchup" will be underlined; if no team is underlined the "matchup" is too close to select a favorite.
- Scoring: 10 points will be awarded for each "matchup" a player picks correctly -(EX. - If the matchup consists of Kentucky playing Mississippi St. and the player chooses Kentucky to win the "matchup" and Kentucky does indeed win the matchup; then 10 points will be awarded to that player for correctly selecting the winner. If Mississippi St. should win that particular "matchup" and Kentucky was selected by the player to win; then the player would receive 0 points for that "matchup".
- Scoring: A "lock" pick is used when the player is confident the team they are selecting in a particular matchup is, in their estimation, a definite winner. If a "lock" pick is selected and the "lock" pick is selected correctly, the player is awarded ten (10) bonus points for correctly selecting a "lock" pick for that "matchup". However, if that "lock" pick should lose then ten (-10) points will be subtracted from their score total. (Ex. A player selects Kentucky to defeat Mississippi St. and also selects this "matchup" as their "lock" pick for this particular "game" - If Kentucky does indeed defeat Mississippi St. then the player would receive ten (+10) points for choosing Kentucky as the winner of the "matchup" but would also receive an additional ten (+10) points on their total score for selecting Kentucky correctly as their "lock" pick for this game/matchup. However, should Mississippi St. defeat Kentucky and the player selected Kentucky to win the "matchup" and also picked this "matchup" as their "lock" pick for the "game", then the player in this scenario would not only receive 0 points for incorrectly selecting the winner of this "matchup" but would also receive a subtraction of ten (-10) points for incorrectly selecting Kentucky as a "lock" to win the "matchup". (Only one (1) "lock" pick will be allowed per game: the "lock" pick is optional; a player does not have to use a "lock" pick in any particular game if the player chooses not to.
- Scoring: An "underdog" pick is used when a player believes the team not selected as the favorite in a particular "matchup" has a legitimate chance to upset the favored team listed in the "matchup". If a player correctly selects the team "not favored" and the player has selected this game as their "underdog" pick; the player will receive ten (10) points for selecting the correct winner of the "matchup" and a bonus ten (+10) points for choosing that particular "matchup" as their "underdog" pick for that particular "game". (Only one (1) "underdog" pick will be allowed per game: the "underdog" pick is optional; a player does not have to use an "underdog" pick in any particular game if the player chooses not to.
- Two "matchups" will be selected by SHF for a player to predict the total accumulated score for both teams in a particular "matchup". These scores will be used for tiebreaking purposes only and will be calculated into a players' total "game" score.
- Games are set to open and close based on set dates. A player can participate in a game while it is open; a closed game will not be available for play.
- Once a game is submitted to SHF, a player will not be allowed to modify their picks
- SHF Premium members are eligible for game prizes when offered